Health Care Advocacy
We have specialized knowledge of all types of health insurance, including private health insurance and government programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare. We represent clients to resolve health care coverage denials and complex coverage issues, including issues arising from the coordination of benefits from multiple health insurers. We have a comprehensive understanding of government entitlement programs, including Medicare, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Our role frequently involves disentangling coverage and benefits from more than one insurer or government program.
Recent engagements include:
- Advising an elderly client whose benefits for services from a skilled nursing facility were denied by Medicare.
- Assisting a client to reverse claims improperly denied by Medicare.
- Advising clients about how and when to transition from private health insurance to Medicare.
- Obtaining quality health insurance for the beneficiaries of estates and trusts.
- Assisting the Personal Representative of an estate in successfully appealing the denial of long term care coverage for the decedent.